- Mitglied seit
- Okt 16, 2021
IF UPDATING FROM A PREVIOUS BETA VERSION AND USING AXE-EDIT BE SURE TO RUN "REFRESH AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE".
Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes
Improved Amp block triode algorithm.
Improved Spring Reverb algorithm:
- New algorithm is based on a digital waveguide with scattering nodes. This algorithm achieves accurate spring reproduction recreating the iconic “drip” and flutter of classic spring tanks.
- There are two internal Spring Reverb types. The type can be selected using the Tank Type parameter. This parameter defaults to the appropriate type based on the model.
- The first type has all the springs in parallel. This is used by the British Spring and Studio Spring models. This is equivalent to an Accutronics Type 8 reverb tank.
- The second type has a pair of springs in series in parallel with one or more pairs of springs in series. This is equivalent to an Accutronics Type 4 (four springs) or Type 9 (six springs).
- For the second Spring Reverb type the reflection off the junction between the coupled springs is controlled by the Scattering parameter. Vintage Accutronics reverb tanks exhibit more reflection off the junction than modern, Asian-made reverb tanks.
- The “Drip” parameter controls the dispersion of the springs.
- The various models have different tone controls.
- Several new models have been added. The Tube Spring model is based on a 6G15 Tube Reverb and has an authentic tone control. Studio Spring is a hypothetical spring reverb with six long springs in parallel.
- Note that the Modulation parameters have been removed as they are not compatible with the new algorithm.
- Existing presets using Spring Reverb types are reset to default values. Audition as necessary.
Added “Pre-Delay Tap” parameter to Reverb block. This selects the input to the reverb engine. When set to OUTPUT the behavior is as before. When set to INPUT the initial delay is absent. This allows more natural “Echo-Verb” sounds. This is now the default for these types of models and existing presets are automatically updated.
New Plate Reverb algorithm. This new algorithm captures the dispersion (Star Wars™ Laser “pew, pew” sound) and unique stereo imaging of classic plate reverbs. Dispersion is adjustable via the Dispersion
parameter. Typical plates are around 25-50%. Set to higher values to exaggerate the effect. Stereo imaging is adjustable via the Pickup Spacing parameter.
Updated many of the Reverb models. Existing presets are not affected. Reselecting the model will load the new default values.
Improved Tremolo block:
- The optical tremolo algorithm has been completely rewritten.
- There are now three types of optical tremolo: Optical Trem 1: This type is based on optical pedal tremolos where depth controls the intensity of the LED. Optical Trem 2: This type is based on optical pedal tremolos where depth controls a “mixer” pot. This type has more “throb” than Optical Trem 1. Neon Trem: This type is based on the optical tremolo in classic “Blackface” amps which used a neon bulb to illuminate the LDR.
- The Tremolo type has been renamed “VCA Trem” and is based on a voltage-controlled amplifier topology.
- An LFO waveform monitor has been added for appropriate types.
Improved Tape Chorus algorithm. The Number Voices parameter has also been removed from the GUI as it is not applicable to this type.
Updated Controller LFOs. The “Astable Beta” parameter for the LFOs has been renamed “Shape” and now controls the shape of the LFO for all types except Square and Random.
Updated all JS410 Lead models based on a current production JVM410HJS. The Crunch models were tested and did not require updating.
Added JS410 Lead Green amp model.
Added "2x12 USA C90 Open Back" speaker impedance curve.
Added Pitch High Cut parameter to Reverb block. This can be used to darken/brighten the pitch-shifted component of the reverb.
Added Modifier capability to High Cut parameter in Delay block.
Added Smoothing parameter to Cabinet block in Dyna-Cab mode.
Improved channel switching speed. Amp and Cabinet block channel switching times, in particular, are much improved. This, in turn, improves preset and scene switching times.
Preset, scene and channel changes are now gapless, if desired. A global parameter (Setup->Global Settings->Gapless Changes) allow turning this feature on or off.
Fixed NaN could occur in Euro Uber model at certain combinations of Presence and Speaker Impedance.
Various other fixes and improvements.